Thursday, May 23, 2013

Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Ballistic Slim Sleeve for scratch and impact protection, Grey/Brown (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) Recent Reviews



Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Ballistic Slim Sleeve for scratch and impact protection, Grey/Brown (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) Recent Reviews
This sheath is just so what I probable. It fits impeccably almost the rouse fire and is not bulky at all....just so what a sheath must be. I vastly urge this manufactured goods.
- critter200

It needs to be just 1/4" longer and I would like it. It does protect the kindle when you're traveling, but the fit is on the tight side. It would also be awesome if it was longer and had a slit cut in it across the bottom third, where you could prop it up when using it. So in summary it's just a padded sleeve that fits a little bit on the tight side, worth about $10.
- Stewart

This may be advertised as a Revive Fire sleeve, but on Timbuk2's site it's billed as being a Revive paperwhite sleeve also.I wanted a thin low profile sleeve that I could care for my Revive Paperwhite in when I throw it in to a backpack or courier bag. I didn't want a folio type thing, I just want to take it out and read, then put it back for safeguard when looked-for. I looked almost and couldn't find anything else that seemed to be better apposite for my needs than this one. I've always been a big fan of Timbuk2 products and own a lot of them.The Revive paperwhite slides in perfectly. There's a tiny bit of extra room no doubt to accommodate a thicker Revive Fire, but it's not so much that the peperwhite moves almost. It does fit nice and snug.It has some padding and a heavy nylon fabric for safeguard which must be more than enough to keep it projected from other equipment in a bag. When the velcro is closed it closes the end to a nice flush closure so nothing must get in, even if not as complete of a closure as maybe a zipper would provide.I love if for the Revive Paperwhite.
- Taylor Hively

The sleeve fit my Fire well, but I didn't like how it closed. The small strip of velcro isn't enough - I would have rather it have no velcro and only use friction to keep the tablet in place. I wasn't worried my Fire would fall out, but it just looked sloppy because the middle was closed and the corners bulged open. I returned this item because they sent me the wrong color scheme - make sure your order matches what you want. I thought I was buying the solid black one from the pictures, but the 3 color one showed up. I replaced it with the Timbuk2 envelope and I'm pleased.
- Crates

I purchased 6 Kindle Fire(s) as gifts to my grandchildren. Of course it didn't stop there then I purchased each a cover for their "toy"...then it was a Amazon gift card to buy app's. They are happy campers with my gift and the sleeve case protects from breakage and looks great.
- bwana41

We approved this sheath for our teen son to carry his Rouse back and forth to teach. It does grant good safeguard from bumps and scraps to his Rouse.Being the Rouse can grant music for his listening pleasure, it would be great if there were an opening to allow for easy door to use earplugs.
- Letitia

This is a great [product for any Kindle owner, easy to use, fits snuggly while still leaving the device easily removeable. The open end leaves easy access for the charging hook up and power button. Sleeve provides good protection from everyday bumps, droops and spills, good choice for budget minded people.
- Susan K. Loring "concowgirl"

Great simple case, that not only fits the Fire, but also the newer Keyboard Kindle. If you do not want a larger case, but something simple, this Timbuk2 product is perfect (it's my third buy from Timbuk2, well made).
- W. Anderson "I can use a calculator"

I've been a big fan of Timbuk2 products for being now, going back to the original Go back and forth laptop courier, to the Go back and forth 2, to my contemporary Timbuk2 Mandate, Timbuk2 Nylon Revive Envelope Sleeve, and I even carry a Timbuk2 Bifold Wallet.So, I know Timbuk2 products sweet well. And this one just doesn't cut it.Curiously, the packaging doesn't identify the sleeve as a Revive Fire product. It does carry a "Made for Revive" logo, but the packaging describes it as "Timbuk2 Slim Sleeve". Not a huge deal, in view of the fact that the Revive Fire slides in perfectly.The problem is the tiny strip of velcro on the sleeve. It's maybe 1.5" long by .25" wide, and foliage the top of the sleeve fairly exposed. On the Black / Gunmetal / Red sleeve, the top is the full red stripe. I've uploaded some cinema to give a better description of what I'm discussion about here.The padding is also fairly sparse, yet the sleeve feels so large. If I was more concerned about scratches than reducing it, this would be unquestionably perfect if Timbuk2 made the top accurate without exposing so much of the Revive Fire. But if preventing impression damage is your goal, I can't say that the padding is sufficient enough to withstand much more than knocking it off of a coffee table.Am I being overly essential? Probably. But deliberate that Timbuk2 products almost always mandate a premium price, and it's usually justified in feature. But with the Slim Sleeve, the feature just doesn't give explanation for the price.As much as I love Timbuk2, I reflect this one's going back.
- Kevin Nicholls "jaded, aging hipster"

If I once managed to squeeze my Kindle Fire into this I would NEVER get it out. It's a nice case and might just fit the Touch but, fellow FIRE owners, do yourselves a favor and choose something else.
- Nacho Man

  • TSA friendly. Keep it in the sleeve!
  • Slim profile to maximize portability. Same protection with less bulk.
  • High density foam protection acts like your Kindle's silent bodyguard.
  • Official Made for Kindle product ( Kindle Fire)
  • Custom low profile closure.

So slim, so cushy, so easy to take through security.

Source: Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Ballistic Slim Sleeve for scratch..



No comments:

Post a Comment